Thieves are on the look out for 4x4s
A STRING of 4x4 thefts led to stolen vehicle recovery expert Tracker helping police recover a stolen Range Rover Sport in Rotherham.
The Tracker unit was activated and within 24 hours the police had recovered the vehicle.
Tracker is urging owners of Land Rovers, Range Rovers and other 4x4s to take steps to protect their vehicle.
Stuart Chapman, police relationships manager for Tracker, said: “The value of 4x4 vehicles lies in more than just their cost.
“These vehicles are often stolen then stripped for parts and shipped aboard, as they are worth more to the criminals that way.”
“This new case shows how effective a tracking device can be in helping police close the net on thieves,” he added.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Once proud pub seeks new life
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Todwick turn-off opens early
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dinnington
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West