Spurs fans attacked in Retford man’s Lyon bar
A bar owned by a Retford man in Lyon has been damaged after thugs attacked football fans there.
Three Tottenham Hotspur fans were taken to hospital with minor injuries following the incident at the Smoking Dog pub on Wednesday evening.
Eyewitnesses said the attackers smashed doors and threw iron chairs, wooden objects and a flare.
The attack came ahead of Spurs’ clash with Lyon in tonight’s Europa League match.
The pub’s landlord, Dave Eales from Retford, said the incident happened while Tottenham fans were watching the Champions League on television.
He said the front of the pub, which is popular with ex-pats, was attacked by 20 to 25 people, who threw projectiles.
It the calmed down, he said, before the attackers came back for a second time.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Once proud pub seeks new life
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- Todwick turn-off opens early
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dinnington
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North