Snow update: Weather warning as snow closes schools
Snow is still falling across Worksop, Dinnington and Retford this morning (Friday 22nd March 2013).
The area woke to a blanket of the white stuff after it started to fall during the early hours.
Roads and public transport services are operating as normal with no known disruption so far this morning.
However, motorists are advised to drive with extreme care due to the potentially slippery conditions.
Notts County Council’s gritting teams have been working through the night to keep main routes as clear as possible.
The Met Office has issued an amber warning for snow across the East Midlands as the snow is predicted to continue falling for the rest of the day.
Heritage High School in Clowne is closed today because of the snow, as is Landmarks Specialist College in Creswell, although staff are asked to attend between 10am-2pm for site clearance and animal care duties.
Wales High School will close from 1.30pm.
Check here for further updates as they come in.
• Get in touch if you know of any road or school closures on 01909 500500, and send your snow pics to firstname.lastname@example.org
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Once proud pub seeks new life
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Todwick turn-off opens early
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dinnington
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West