Minor injuries after A57 crash between car and burger van
POLICE have released details of a crash which closed a busy section of the A57 this morning (Friday 1st February 2013).
A man was taken to hospital with a head injury after the incident which closed the road for nearly three hours between the M1 roundabout at Aston and the Mansfield Road roundabout near Wales.
South Yorkshire Police said a black Ford Mondeo with a burger van attached had been parked in a lay-by facing Worksop.
At around 5.50am the car attempted a three point turn and was hit by a Vauxhall Insignia car, driven by a 47-year-old Sheffield man travelling towards Worksop.
The burger van then collided with a parked wagon in the opposite lay-by, creating a lot of debris on the road.
The Mondeo driver, a 65-year-old Sheffield man, was taken to Rotherham Hospital with a cut to the head but is expected to return home shortly.
Police closed the road until around 8.45am while the debris was cleared.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Once proud pub seeks new life
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Todwick turn-off opens early
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dinnington
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West