Man used his mother to pay a drug debt
An addict took three loans out in his mother’s name to pay a debt he owed to a drug dealer.
Steven Hobson, 37, of Osberton View, Worksop, admitted fraud by false representation at Worksop Magistrates’ Court.
Prosecutor Ruth Snowdin said he had his mother’s cash card to collect payment from a scrap yard, and called her asking for her date of birth.
Mrs Snowdin said the woman only realised loans had been taken out in her name when she received letters from her bank about repayments.
Defence solicitor David Verity said the dealer had threatened Hobson with ‘serious violence’ if he did not pay.
Sentence was deferred for four months for Hobson to engage with services.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Once proud pub seeks new life
- Todwick turn-off opens early
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dinnington
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West