Man picked up items
A THIEF who took items he found on a footpath has been given a 12 month community order.
Stephen Bassett, 36, said he found the strimmer, hedge cutter and drill on 3rd November last year, Worksop Magistrates’ Court heard.
Prosecutor Ruth Snowdin said a shed had been broken into and the items, along with a push bike, were taken.
Bassett told police he saw someone on a bike drop the items, so he picked them up and later handed them back to the owner.
Defence solicitor David verity said Bassett ‘rather foolishly got involved.’
Bassett admitted theft, and must also pay a £60 victim surcharge.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Once proud pub seeks new life
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Todwick turn-off opens early
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dinnington
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West