A smashing Christmas...
A TEEN who drunkenly crashed his stepdad’s car on Christmas Eve has been banned from driving.
Robert Smith, 19, of White Avenue, Langold, admitted drink driving, aggravated vehicle taking and driving without insurance.
Worksop magistrates heard Smith drank Stella and champagne before taking the car so he could see his girlfriend in Worksop. He crashed it into railings on Plantation Hill.
A breathalyser test read 47mgs alcohol - the limit is 30mgs. Smith told magistrates: “I regret it. I’m ashamed of myself.”
He was banned for 12 months, got a 12-month community order, 60 hours unpaid work and must pay £145 costs and victim surcharge.
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former Saxilby home is raided
- Once proud pub seeks new life
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Villagers’ shock at terror suspect Saxilby link
- WOOLWICH TERROR ATTACK: Suspected murderer’s former home on Hotchkin Avenue in Saxilby is raided
- Todwick turn-off opens early
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dinnington
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South